Service Desk Technician
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £19000 - £22000 per annum
Website Hunter Selection
IT Support Engineer – up to £22k – Windows – Support – Microsoft – Cambridge
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading educational organisation. You will b joining an expanding team in Cambridge, working as an IT Support Engineer in excellent supportive surroundings.
The role is predominantly 1st Line of the internal systems, but within a small team you are very hands on and will expand your knowledge quickly. You’ll have a great personal approach, within a people focused organisation. Working on installation, repairs, updates or networking issues, and many other activities in between, being one of the go-to people within the organisation. You’ll also have a great opportunity to get involved in application support as well.
The individual will be required to have previous exposure to an IT Support environment.
A passion for IT is a must! As the team is growing, you will gain hands-on experience quickly, in multiple areas of IT Support.
As a member of the IT Support team you will be:
– Supporting all end users throughout the in-house systems – Active Directory, Office 365
– Working on the configuration, installation and support of organisational networks, email, intranet and web systems
– Taking ownership of incidents and requests
– Maintaining various areas of hardware and software; Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, peripherals, etc
-To identify appropriate issues to refer to 2nd line support
– Testing new software and hardware platforms, before roll-out, accounting for any possible issues
– Documenting errors, failures and hardware removals accurately and in a timely fashion
– Keeping up to date with the world of IT, possibly using your knowledge to implement new ideas and strategies
Educated to graduate level within an IT related subject, however, in-depth relevant experience may supersede this qualification.
This is a brilliant and exciting role, which is perfect for anybody looking to expand their career as a key part of an IT Support team!
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact Alex MacDermott directly or click Apply Now!
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk