Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits
Website Hunter Selection
FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
3 shift System – Rotating Days & Nights –
Starting salary up to £27,966.83 subject to skills and compete.
Due to continued expansion across the business, our client, a market leading Food manufacturer and supplier to all of the major supermarkets is seeking to enhance its Production team with the appointment of a PROCESS OPERATOR .
Supporting a number of high profile supermarkets, this role offers the opportunity to work for a true market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the process team member is responsible for ensuring the effective performance of the process function whilst on shift. The Process team member is responsible for ordering all materials for the effective running of the department by taking materials and processing them into a finished product or ingredient.
As part of the role the process team member will operate and run the process lines which include the stork, spray dryer, B6 blender and the instantiser. Additionally the team member is accountable for providing support to the Shift Manager and ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters.
* Responsible for ensuring daily production targets (efficiency & yield) are achieved and customer orders are fully satisfied to the highest quality standards
* Ensure adherence to both Knighton Foods policy and all laws and regulations pertaining to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.Ensure that all finished product meets customer specifications, positive release product as required.
* Accountable for product quality and to ensure that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
* To maintain audit ready Food Safety & Quality Management System due diligence records.
* Promote a Health & Safety, quality focused and driven culture and to monitor your work area to ensure the workplace is safe and a ‘clean as you go’ policy is maintained at all times.
* To ensure all daily checks and documentation are completed in an accurate and timely manner. To include line safe start-up checks, handover and H &S.
* Provide communication to all concerned as required, make sure detailed handovers are provided.
* To ensure the best interests of the company are always maintained
* To optimise the use of company resources and comply with the company policy and procedures
* To deputise for the Line Leader when needed
* Undertake training in accordance with the plan.
* Participate in employee development reviews (EDRs)
* Awareness of allergen environment and the controls required as such.
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. If you feel this is of interest please send your CV to directly to Cory Beardmore to Cory@hunterselection.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion on 01785 450164
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering