Ref: RB - 102100_1611337289
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
Website Hunter Selection
Software Development Manager – .Net – SQL – North Bristol/Remote – £55,000
A well-established, growing company who are key partners with many major organisations, are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead their software team.
The successful candidate in this role will work closely with the business to gather requirements and manage the projects of the internal software team, ensuring work is delivered to the best possible standards. You will also be responsible for leading this small team of software developers, allocating work and having full line management responsibility for an experienced team of individuals.
Based in north Bristol but with the opportunity to work regularly from home, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Development Manager to make a significant mark on all areas of the business. You will have full responsibility for the technical roadmap of the company, adopting new technologies and methodologies where you consider it to be appropriate. You will be the ‘go to’ person for all areas of development throughout the company, and will also get involved in some hands on development work where required. You will ideally have experience of working as either a Lead Developer or as a Development Manager in a previous role.
As a Software Development Manager, you will need to have:
– Experience delivering and developing projects, supporting all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
– Experience managing and leading teams of software developers.
– Clear understanding of coordinating teams, and working with key company stakeholders
– Previous experience in stakeholder management, working with various business levels
– Skills within software development – .NET would be ideal
– Ability to introduce Agile methodologies and be an agent for change
As a Software Development Manager, you will be:
– Responsible for delivering the key products
– Thinking as an internal voice for the customers
– The integral leading figure for the team
– Seen to be able to efficiently plan, process and perform the required job
– Planning with the team on project plans and executions
– Researching and implementing new technologies that could be incorporated into current and future projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join an established team and make improvements both in terms of technologies and working methods. It is a relatively small team, so you will be able to make a positive and tangible difference to all areas of the development function, and the wider business. It is an urgent role, so please apply without delay!
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact Rob Baxter directly or click Apply Now!
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies on the Hunter Selection website.