Cold Forming Design Engineer
Salary up to £40k plus benefits
A worldwide market leader, this organisation is currently undergoing a period of expansion. They are looking to recruit a talented Design Engineer to work within the highly successful design team. They aim to continue this period of ongoing strategic growth and this would be an excellent time to join the company for a long term and successful career.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Updating or redesigning existing dies and tooling for improved performance and completing new designs for dies and tooling for future projects as identified.
• Detail dies, machining, processing, and inspecting fixtures per the parts production requirements and will work closely with Production and Engineering staff to define production needs as well as design future cold forging products.
• Oversee the design and participate closely in the research and development of new forging; interact with internal staff and external customers to resolve product issues.
• Utilize 2D and 3D Cad software to develop prints and models for manufacture of product, tooling, train and assist in the use of advanced computer systems and computer software packages.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Technical training in the design of cold forging and tooling either through direct experience, technical knowledge of forge press design and operation, and machining setup and operations.
• Knowledge of forging equipment and related secondary machines, knowledge of strength of materials as related to cold forging, the process and tooling are also critical to the position.
• Experience in Autodesk 3D Inventor/AutoCAD is desirable although not essential as training can be given.
o Up to £40k starting salary
o Excellent Benefits
Suitable candidates should apply immediately to Sam Sainty by sending your CV directly to email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 02920 894906 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.