CNC Setter/ Operator
My client specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of connectors and interconnect products for the Military and Aerospace markets. They are going through huge expansion and are looking for an experience CNC setter/ Operator to join the ever expanding team.
• Setting and operating CNC lathes to produce small to medium size batches of work in a timely manner
• Inspecting work to Engineering drawings using various measuring equipment and reporting any quality defects to the Machine Shop Supervisor
• Daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks on machines, including maintaining good housekeeping standards and reporting any issues promptly to supervision
• Optimising efficiencies through reduced set-up and cycle times, plus tool life monitoring
• De-burring, cleaning, final inspection and completion of all traceability documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Practical, hands on experience setting and operating multi-spindle, multi-axis CNC lathes, with a minimum of 3 axis
• Experience of Fanuc controls
• Experience within a low batch component manufacturing industry
• Previous experience in cycle time reduction and tool management and optimisation
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Apprenticeship gained within a manufacturing environment
• Experience working on Nakamura or similar machines
• Lean and continuous improvement skills, including 5S
• Night shifts
• £35,000 DOE
• Group personal pension scheme
• Life Assurance
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Hannah Arnold on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to her firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West/East of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.