Global Installation/Service Engineer
Kent Based – 75% Global Travel
Our client is a leading manufacturer of innovative conveyor systems, production machinery & equipment supplied into the Food, FMCG & Production industries.
They are a British manufacturer that are expanding into not only further in the UK but global/oversea markets. Due to this expanding time within the business they are looking for a Global Installation/Service Engineers based in the UK but travelling worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Carry out installation and commissioning of electrical & mechanical equipment, conveyor systems, weighing scales, labellers, checkweighers, electrical cabinets & industrial printers
• Based in Kent – travelling throughout the UK & Overseas – 75% of trips are overseas to customer sites, for are a week or 2 weeks at a time
• Working alone or leading a team of installation engineers to complete customer installation tasks within pre-set timeframes and costs
• Provide customers with handover training onsite of the use & maintenance of equipment
• Promote the utilisation of software installed, to ensure customers will benefit from the technology installed to their business
• Carry out preventative maintenance and annual service visits when needed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Must have electrical & mechanical commissioning & installation skills
• Experience of software installation & troubleshooting
• Beneficial to have previously worked within food production & packaging industry
• Must be flexible & willing to travel throughout the world – 75% travel will be overseas
• Knowledge & experience of PLC systems would be an advantage
• Must be based in the Kent / Southeast region of the UK
• Have a clean Driving Licence & Valid Passport
• Able to travel with no restrictions and at short notice
• Strong customer facing skills – strong & effective communicator
• Salary:- £30,000 Basic + Travel Allowances & Overtime
• Benefits:- Company Car, Pension, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday, Annual Bonuses
Job Reference No: SE1550 / 534F
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy –
Chris Gumm on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West & South east Of England. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.