Engineering Shift Supervisor
Monday-Friday Double Days (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm)
Our client is a leading manufacturer of production packaging solutions to various supermarket products & blue-chip organisations. With a reputation for product quality which is second to none and industry leading standards. They are looking for a hands-on Engineering Shift Supervisor, to come on board, support and lead the team of engineers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Hands-on lead a team of X5 shift engineers & setters in the engineering department
• Maintain the PPM systems, allocate work, monitor KPi’s, delegate & develop the team
• Promote a process improvement/continuous improvement culture
• Be 70% hands-on with the team & 30% hands-off conducting paperwork, reports etc.
• Carry out electrical & mechanical maintenance of various food production & packaging machinery
• Maintaining PLC’s & HMi’s, fillers, cappers, sealers, shrinkwrappers, baggers, steam tunnels, palletisers, inverters, motors, pneumatics hydraulics, pumps, conveyors, drives etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ideally looking for an electrically biased engineer – time served apprenticeship
• Consider engineers either in a supervisor/team leader role or a strong character that is willing to take the next step up in their career, or on the other hand a manager that wants to step down
• Knowledge of TPM & PPM manufacturing, maintenance, scheduling & workload allocation
• Must be able to work on own initiative and think on the spot
• Desirable to have worked in food, FMCG or packaging manufacturing environments
• PLC – electrical fault-finding skills
• Willingness to still be hands-on part of the team but delegate and lead when on shift
• Need to be a strong, confident character, communicator and leader on shift
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Supervisor, Multi-Skilled Team Leader, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Team Leader, Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Team Leader, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer, Shift Engineering Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Shift Team Leader
• Salary:- £35,000 + Overtime
• Hours: - Monday to Friday Double Days – 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm
• Benefits:- Private Pension, Life Assurance, Staff Discount Card, 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Job Reference No: SE1371 / 534
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy –
Chris Gumm on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West & South East of England. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.